Level 3 NPTC UA1 utility arboriculture
Basic electrical knowledge
NTPC UA1 Assessment
This course is the first step for people wishing to embark on a on a career within the utility arboriculture sector, or anyone required to work within the proximity of overhead powerlines.
Upon the completion of this course, the candidate will:
- Understand the relevant industry legislation and safety guidelines associated with carrying out arboricultural work within the proximity off power lines;
- Recognise the importance of carrying out separate electrical and site specific risk assessments with a robust emergency procedure;
- Identify safety zones and understand their inherent dangers;
- Understand the tree categorisation system;
- Be able to identify electricity network voltages, equipment and component parts;
- Be able to ensure their own and others safety on site when working within the proximity of overhead power lines;
- Gain an understanding of the use of safety documents to further improve site safety.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
One day training with assessment on a separate day
One day course: Training £115 per person plus VAT
Assessment £135 per person
25 September 2020 – sold out
Most Network Distribution companies will also require attendance of their own induction course and first aid as well as NPTC UA1 before people are allowed to work on a utility site.