Level 3 Award in tree climbing and aerial rescue (formerly NPTC CS38)
Tree climbing and aerial rescue
NPTC Assessment Unit 002013
This 5-day field based tree climbing and aerial rescue course is aimed at anyone who is required to access or work within trees using a rope and harness or who may be required to rescue an injured climber during the course of their work.
This course has been developed to give the candidates the skills and knowledge required to access the trees crown and manoeuvre safely within its canopy. Candidates will learn the skills required to be able to perform an aerial rescue of an injured climber from within the crown of a tree or from a standing pole.
This course will provide the candidate with all the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to undertake the NPTC Level 2 Unit 002013 assessment.
Upon the completion of this course, the candidate will:
- Have gained a basic understanding of relevant industry health & safety legislation;
- Understand the importance of risk assessment and emergency planning for tree climbing operations;
- Successfully identify the hazards and risks associated with the working area;
- Be able to carry out a basic level hazard evaluation of a tree;
- Have gained an understanding of how to select inspect and safely use a variety of tree climbing equipment;
- Display competence while accessing and maneuver within a trees canopy;
- Be able to carry out aerial rescues from a variety of different situations.
Work positioning harness, climbing rope above 35 metres, 5 karabiners auto lock triple action, adjustable strop / lanyard optional, 2 tape slings around 120cm, pair of climbing irons (spikes), wire cord flip line, 3 prussic loops.
An in date thorough LOLER examination certificate (or certificate of conformity/receipt for items less than 6 months old) will be required for all items of climbing equipment.
PPE Required: Helmet with chin strap, appropriate footwear, flexible trousers (not shorts), first aid kit with large wound dressing and whistle.
We will provide a climbing kit for you for the training and assessment. PPE is available to hire at an additional cost. Please enquire for details.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Five days training with assessment on a separate day
Training £575 per person plus VAT
NPTC Assessment £150 per person
Refresher courses are also available either with or without assessment. Please enquire for details.
27, 28, 29, 30 August 2019 & 2 September 2019 with assessment on 3 September 2019
16, 17, 18, 19, 20 September 2019 with assessment on 23 September 2019