Level 2 Award in chainsaw maintenance and cross cutting (formerly NPTC CS30)
NPTC Assessment Unit 002003
This two day workshop and field based course is aimed at anyone who is required to use a chainsaw at work or who simply wishing to learn how to safely maintain and operate a chainsaw for home and garden use.
The first day of the course takes place in our well-equipped workshop and takes the candidate through basic risk assessments, health & safety and industry legislation including the personal protective equipment requirements, chainsaw maintenance (including chain identification and sharpening).
The majority of the second day is spent in a local woodland and covers on site safety, pre-start checks, safe starting procedures and cross-cutting.
This course will provide the candidate with all the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to undertake the NPTC Level 2 Unit 002003 chainsaw maintenance and cross cutting assessment.
Upon the completion of this course, the candidate will:
- Have gained a basic understanding of relevant industry health & safety legislation and risk assessment;
- Understand the Personal Protective Equipment required for maintaining and operating a chainsaw;
- Be able to identify and explain the function of all the safety features fitted to their chainsaw;
- Be competent at carrying out maintenance of the chainsaw power unit, bar and chain, including sharpening;
- Understand how to optimise the cutting performance of a chainsaw;
- Be able to carry out pre start checks and safe starting procedure of a chainsaw;
- Be competent at carrying out a range cross cutting techniques to deal with a variety of situations.
Chainsaw for ground use, fuel/oil, maintenance tools.
Personal Protective Equipment required: Chainsaw trousers Class 1 type A or C, chainsaw boots, chainsaw helmet with ear and eye protection, chainsaw gloves, this workshop gloves.
All equipment is available to hire at an additional cost including PPE. Please enquire for details.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
Two days training with assessment on a separate day.
Training £230 per person plus VAT
NPTC Assessment £150 per person
If required we can offer a combined 5 day cross cutting, chainsaw maintenance and small tree felling course.
3 & 4 August 2020 – sold out
15 & 16 October 2020 (assessment 22 October 2020)