Health & Safety Manager – Bristol
Competitive Salary, plus benefits
Full time (40 hours), Monday – Friday (8-hour shifts)
We are one of the UK’s leading arboricultural companies. Established in 1998, we are a family owned business, employing over 200 people, from apprentices to consultants, taking pride in delivering professional, safe and cost-effective solutions in all areas of arboriculture, consultancy, training and associated services.
At the core of our values and strategy lie our people, the community and the environment.
Our client base includes major utility providers, commercial and public-sector organisations and private individuals. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work, our expertise and our customer service, with many of our clients being with us over 15 years.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team and providing you with career opportunities to aid your progression.
Hi Line, is part of the RSK Group.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
RSK is a leading environmental, engineering and technical services group providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. We know that the world faces some very significant challenges in the years to come. The United Nations are referring to the ‘Decade of Action’, saying that we have “ten years to transform our world” and to deliver the Sustainable Development Goals. RSK is on a mission to deliver solutions which will help to address these major global challenges, reshaping our natural and built environments and creating a more sustainable future. We need an outstanding workforce to help us achieve this. Do you have what it takes?
RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.” Today, we are a group of over 120 businesses, many of which operate under different brands, employing over 7,000 employees worldwide. We plan to keep growing and are looking for professionals who have the passion, skills, and spirit needed to grow with us.
Since the beginning, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and reward talented people. Employees are at the heart of our business, and we recognise that our success is founded on the talent of our people. As a company, we want you to share in our achievements and we want to be a conduit for your success. RSK prides itself on providing employees with a rewarding and challenging career by encouraging continuing professional development and enabling employees to reach their full potential. Despite our growing numbers, we are determined to maintain the people-centric culture that RSK was built on, fostering entrepreneurialism, and applying a caring and compassionate approach to all that we do.
About this role:
We have Health & Safety at the heart of everything we do. Your role will be crucial in ensuring that all relevant legislation is applied and followed across the company and to create a safe environment for all our operative staff. This is an exciting and complex role which will include responsibility for policies and procedures, internal audits, accident procedures and establishing a positive Health & Safety culture on site aimed at high standard risk management and the prevention of accidents. This is a dynamic, hands-on job. You will be operating from our Clevedon yard although travelling between yards will be required.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety records are maintained.
- Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout Hi-Line.
- Overall responsibility and compliance of the Company’s H&S, making sure staff are aware of the importance and follow safety protocol.
- Implement practical and effective methods, both preventative and remedial, of promoting health and safety and safe working practices in the workplace.
- Conduct/organise relevant health and safety training for staff as required, including first aid and fire safety.
- Co-ordinate and manage first aid and fire safety representatives for all Hi-Line sites.
- Recommend & implement control measures and advise on the standard of P.P.E. issued to employees.
- Identify areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance. Arrange such training/certification once identified
- Advise the Managing Director of all incidents reportable under R.I.D.D.O.R.
- Keep up to date with changes in current legislation and implement such changes where relevant.
- Immediately contact the Leadership Team if situations are found, that in the opinion of the H&S Manager, require immediate rectification or the stopping of any operation.
The benefits you’ll receive include:
Hi-Line is an equal opportunities employer. We can offer you a very competitive package depending on experience and qualifications plus
- Holiday and sickness entitlement
- A relaxed friendly environmental and dynamic team
- A team that insists on consistently high levels of quality in their work
- A position where you are a name not just a number
- A company open to new ideas and with a genuine passion for the industry
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- A benefits programme including private health care and discounted gym membership
- Regular training and career development
- Access to mental health support and professional financial advice.
What we are looking for:
- Eligibility to work within the UK
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in an operating role working in the arboricultural industry
- NEBOSH National Diploma or equivalent
- Either hold or be close to obtaining Chartered Membership of IOSH
- Understand the application of the Health and Safety at Work and other legislation relevant to Hi-Line.
- IT literate and a comprehensive understanding of Windows based programmes to include Word, Excel and Outlook is essential.
- The ability to communicate clearly and confidently with a range of people, both on the phone and face-to-face.
- Strong teamwork skills are essential.
- Professional approach in dealing with issues and employees.
- Appreciation of confidentiality and discretion.
- A minimum 2 years’ experience in Health and Safety
- Excellent organisational skills, with ability to prioritise work and reach deadlines
- Driving Licence
How to apply:
To apply for the role of Health & Safety Manager, please email your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
You are welcome to email us if you have any questions about this role or other opportunities within our team.
|Job Category||Full Time|