Competitive Salary, plus benefits
Full time (40 hours), Monday – Friday (8-hour shifts)
We are one of the UK’s leading arboricultural companies. Established in 1998 as a family business we are one of the UK's leading tree surgery and tree management companies. Now part of the RSK Group, Hi-Line employs well over 200 staff, from apprentices to consultants, taking pride in delivering professional, safe and cost-effective solutions in all areas of arboriculture, consultancy, training and associated services.
At the core of our values and strategy lie our people, the community and the environment.
Our client base includes major utility providers, commercial and public-sector organisations and private individuals. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work, our expertise and our customer service, with many of our clients being with us over 15 years.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team and providing you with career opportunities to aid your progression.
Hi Line, is part of the RSK Group.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
RSK is a leading environmental, engineering and technical services group providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. We know that the world faces some very significant challenges in the years to come. The United Nations are referring to the 'Decade of Action', saying that we have “ten years to transform our world” and to deliver the Sustainable Development Goals. RSK is on a mission to deliver solutions which will help to address these major global challenges, reshaping our natural and built environments and creating a more sustainable future. We need an outstanding workforce to help us achieve this. Do you have what it takes?
RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.” Today, we are a group of over 120 businesses, many of which operate under different brands, employing over 7,000 employees worldwide. We plan to keep growing and are looking for professionals who have the passion, skills, and spirit needed to grow with us.
Since the beginning, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and reward talented people. Employees are at the heart of our business, and we recognise that our success is founded on the talent of our people. As a company, we want you to share in our achievements and we want to be a conduit for your success. RSK prides itself on providing employees with a rewarding and challenging career by encouraging continuing professional development and enabling employees to reach their full potential. Despite our growing numbers, we are determined to maintain the people-centric culture that RSK was built on, fostering entrepreneurialism, and applying a caring and compassionate approach to all that we do.
About the job
We are looking for an experienced Arborist Team Leader to join our team. As Team Leader you will supervise a small tree cutting team and be responsible for ensuring that work is carried out safely and efficiently.
You’ll have previous climbing experience along with the proven ability to lead a team. You’ll take pride in your role and enjoy working as part of a larger team. In return, we offer excellent benefits including a bonus scheme, high-quality training opportunities and the chance to progress your career.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Confidently leading your team and ensuring that everyone knows what is expected of them
- Ensuring that health and safety standards are adhered to and risk assessments are carried out
- Motivating the team and coaching them to perform at their best
- Demonstrating an excellent knowledge of tree-cutting equipment, processes, techniques and health and safety standards
The benefits you’ll receive include:
Hi-Line is an equal opportunities employer. We can offer you a very competitive package depending on experience and qualifications plus
- Inclusion in our monthly bonus scheme
- Full PPE and climbing kit
- Holiday and sickness entitlement
- Weekend overtime opportunities at increased rates
- A relaxed friendly environmental and dynamic team
- A team that insists on consistently high levels of quality in their work
- A position where you are a name not just a number
- A company open to new ideas and with a genuine passion for the industry
- Annual CPD and career development
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- A benefits program including private health care and discounted gym membership
- Regular training and career development
- Access to mental health support and professional financial advice.
What we are looking for:
- 2 years’ climbing experience and qualified up to UA2.3
- At least 2 years’ leadership experience
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 2, Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-Cutting
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 2, Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 2, Tree Climbing and Rescue
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 3, Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw Using Free-fall Techniques
- Basic arboriculture academic qualification or proof of work-based skills
- Availability for out of hours for emergency works when required
- A full UK driving license