Competitive Salary, plus benefits
Full time (40 hours), Monday – Friday (8-hour shifts)
About this role:
We have a range of opportunities available for Arborist Climbers across Somerset. As an Arborist Climber, you’ll join our tree cutting team and play a key role in assisting the Team Leader to carry out work safely and effectively.
If you have a keen interest in all aspects of arboriculture and you are looking to develop your skills, we would love to hear from you. Ideally, you’ll have 2 years’ experience working in the utility sector. However, if you have experience in the domestic and commercial sector, we would still encourage you to apply as all necessary utility training can be provided.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Confidently carrying out climbing and groundsman duties in addition to driving and towing duties
- Demonstrating competent climbing skills, rigging techniques and pruning skills
- Adhering to health and safety standards and best practice at all times
- Continuously developing your knowledge and skills including your understanding of tree growth characteristics and tree risk assessments
The benefits you’ll receive include:
- Being included in our monthly bonus scheme – desirable
- You’ll be provided with all of your PPE and climbing kit
- The opportunity to progress your career within the business
- Regular training and development opportunities support your career development
- The opportunity to increase your earnings through overtime
- An excellent work/life balance, including 8-hour shifts and weekends off
- Earn up to a £150 bonus when you recommend someone to join the team
- Working as part of a relaxed and friendly team who take pride in their work
- Annual leave entitlement of 28 days (including Bank Holidays), increasing to 31 days with service
- Sickness pay entitlement
What you’ll need to deliver this role:
- 2 years or more experience as a climber
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 2, Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-Cutting – required
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 2, Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm – required
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 2, Tree Climbing and Rescue – required
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 3, Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw Using Free-fall – desirable
- A basic arboriculture academic qualification or proof of work-based skills
- Availability for out of hours for emergency works when required
- A full UK driving licence
Established in 1998, we are one of the UK’s leading arboriculture companies. We are a family-owned business employing over 250 people, from apprentices to consultants. We deliver professional, safe and cost-effective solutions in all areas of arboriculture, grounds maintenance and associated services. At the core of our values and strategy lie our people, the community and the environment.
How to apply:
To apply for the role of Arborist Climber, please email your CV to email@example.com
Hi-Line is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. You are welcome to email us if you have any questions about this role or other opportunities within our team.
We look forward to hearing from you!