Competitive Salary, plus benefits
Full time (40 hours), Monday – Friday (8-hour shifts)
As one of the leading arboricultural companies in the UK, we offer a variety of career opportunities across the South and South West of the UK. We are committed to supporting your development and we will provide you with all of the training and support that you will need to succeed in your career.
We are proud to be recognised for offering the highest standard of training in arboriculture, forestry and use of chainsaws, all of which you will have access to when you join our team. If you are passionate about the arboriculture industry and looking for the next step in your career, we would love to hear from you!
Established in 1998, we are one of the UK’s leading arboriculture companies. We are a family-owned business employing over 250 people, from apprentices to consultants. We deliver professional, safe and cost-effective solutions in all areas of arboriculture, grounds maintenance and associated services. At the core of our values and strategy lie our people, the community and the environment.
About this role:
We are looking for an experienced Arborist Team Leader to join our team in Wiltshire. As Team Leader you will supervise a small tree cutting team and be responsible for ensuring that work is carried out safely and efficiently.
You’ll have previous climbing experience along with the proven ability to lead a team. You’ll take pride in your role and enjoy working as part of a larger team. In return, we offer excellent benefits including a bonus scheme, high-quality training opportunities and the chance to progress your career.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Confidently leading your team and ensuring that everyone knows what is expected of them
- Ensuring that health and safety standards are adhered to and risk assessments are carried out
- Motivating the team and coaching them to perform at their best
- Demonstrating an excellent knowledge of tree-cutting equipment, processes, techniques and health and safety standards
The benefits you’ll receive include:
- Being included in our monthly bonus scheme
- Regular training and development opportunities support your career development
- The opportunity to progress your career within the business
- You’ll be provided with all of your PPE and climbing kit
- The opportunity to increase your earnings through overtime
- An excellent work/life balance, including 8-hour shifts and weekends off
- Earn up to a £150 bonus when you recommend someone to join the team
- Working as part of a relaxed and friendly team who take pride in their work
- Annual leave entitlement of 28 days (including Bank Holidays), increasing to 31 days with service
- Sickness pay entitlement
What you’ll need to deliver this role:
- 2 years’ climbing experience and qualified up to UA2.3
- At least 2 years’ leadership experience
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 2, Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-Cutting
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 2, Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 2, Tree Climbing and Rescue
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 3, Aerial Cutting of Trees with a Chainsaw Using Free-fall Techniques
- Basic arboriculture academic qualification or proof of work-based skills
- Availability for out of hours for emergency works when required
- A full UK driving licence
Hi-Line is committed to being an equal opportunities employer. You are welcome to email us if you have any questions about this role or other opportunities within our team.
We look forward to hearing from you!
|Job Category||Full Time|