Plant Operator – Devon/ South West
Competitive Salary, plus benefits
Full time (40 hours), Monday – Friday (8-hour shifts)
We are one of the UK’s leading arboricultural companies. Established in 1998, we are a family owned business, employing over 200 people, from apprentices to consultants, taking pride in delivering professional, safe and cost-effective solutions in all areas of arboriculture, consultancy, training and associated services.
At the core of our values and strategy lie our people, the community and the environment.
Our client base includes major utility providers, commercial and public-sector organisations and private individuals. We pride ourselves on the quality of our work, our expertise and our customer service, with many of our clients being with us over 15 years.
We look forward to welcoming you to our team and providing you with career opportunities to aid your progression.
Hi Line, is part of the RSK Group.
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
RSK is a leading environmental, engineering and technical services group providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. We know that the world faces some very significant challenges in the years to come. The United Nations are referring to the ‘Decade of Action’, saying that we have “ten years to transform our world” and to deliver the Sustainable Development Goals. RSK is on a mission to deliver solutions which will help to address these major global challenges, reshaping our natural and built environments and creating a more sustainable future. We need an outstanding workforce to help us achieve this. Do you have what it takes?
RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.” Today, we are a group of over 120 businesses, many of which operate under different brands, employing over 7,000 employees worldwide. We plan to keep growing and are looking for professionals who have the passion, skills, and spirit needed to grow with us.
Since the beginning, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and reward talented people. Employees are at the heart of our business, and we recognise that our success is founded on the talent of our people. As a company, we want you to share in our achievements and we want to be a conduit for your success. RSK prides itself on providing employees with a rewarding and challenging career by encouraging continuing professional development and enabling employees to reach their full potential. Despite our growing numbers, we are determined to maintain the people-centric culture that RSK was built on, fostering entrepreneurialism, and applying a caring and compassionate approach to all that we do.
About this role:
As a Plant Operator you will work with heavy machinery and your primary duties will include but not be limited to safely utilising the equipment and ensuring the machines are functioning well. You will join and assist our Tree Surgeons teams on construction sites across Devon.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Perform duties using excavators including handling trees/timber
- Move earth with extractors and dumper trucks
- Use forklifts to unload and move materials around site
- Carry out safety checks and keep machines running properly
- Carry out machine operations
- Adhere to Health & Safety measures at all times
- Complete all relevant paperwork
- Drive tractors and diggers as required
- Carry out work in accordance with the company’s procedures and risk assessments
- Report any Health, Safety and Environmental near miss, accidents or incidents
The benefits you’ll receive include:
Hi-Line is an equal opportunities employer. We can offer you a very competitive package depending on experience and qualifications plus
- Inclusion in our monthly bonus scheme
- Full PPE
- Holiday and sickness entitlement
- Weekend overtime opportunities at increased rates
- A relaxed friendly environmental and dynamic team
- A team that insists on consistently high levels of quality in their work
- A position where you are a name not just a number
- A company open to new ideas and with a genuine passion for the industry
- Annual CPD and career development
- Contributory Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance
- A benefits programme including private health care and discounted gym membership
- Regular training and career development
- Access to mental health support and professional financial advice.
What you’ll need to deliver this role:
- 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Construction Plant Competence Scheme Operator card (CPCS)
- Construction Skills Certification Scheme Card (CSCS)
- NPTC FMOC
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 2, Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-Cutting
- City & Guilds NPTC Level 2, Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm
- A full UK driving licence
Chainsaw qualifications and utility training are ideal, however, we will provide training for the right candidates.
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Job Category||Full Time|