Level 3 NPTC UA5 utility arboriculture
Aerial Tree Rigging
NPTC Assessment Unit 002109
This three day field based rigging and dismantling course will teach the candidate the safest and most efficient techniques for removing tree sections when freefall cutting is not an option. Using industry good practice and years of practical experience, our instructors are able to give you not only the knowledge and practical skills required to pass the NPTC award in aerial tree rigging but will also give you the confidence to safely tackle the challenges of rigging in real world.
Upon the completion of this course, the candidate will:
• Understand the importance of and how to carry out a site and task specific rick assessment;
• Display competence in the selection, inspection and installation of a variety of rigging components;
• Understand the relevant health and safety legislation and industry good practice pertaining to aerial tree rigging;
• Be able to perform a tree hazard evaluation to ascertain whether rigging techniques would be safe and appropriate;
• Understand how to calculate anticipated forces and ways in which they can be minimised;
• Be competent in carrying out a variety of different rigging techniques in order to achieve a desired outcome.
Full climbing kit including a wire core flip-line and a pair of climbing spikes, rigging kit (a rigging kit will also be provided).
An in date thorough LOLER examination certificate (or certificate of conformity/receipt for items less than 6 months old) will be required for all items of climbing and rigging equipment.
Climbing style arborists helmet with chin strap, Chainsaw boots (not wellies), Type A Chainsaw trousers, climbing gloves (optional), personal first aid kit with large wound dressing and whistle.
All equipment is available to hire at an additional cost including PPE. Please enquire for details.
Cross cutting and chainsaw maintenance (002003 or CS30)
Small Tree Felling (002004 or CS31)
Climbing and aerial rescue (002013 or CS38)
Aerial cutting of trees with a chainsaw using freefall techniques (002108 or CS39)
Three days training with assessment on a separate day
Training £300 per person plus VAT
NPTC Assessment £140 per person