Level 3 NPTC UA1 utility arboriculture
Basic electrical knowledge
NTPC UA1 Assessment
This course is the first step for people wishing to embark on a on a career within the utility arboriculture sector, or anyone required to work within the proximity of overhead powerlines.
Upon the completion of this course, the candidate will:
- Understand the relevant industry legislation and safety guidelines associated with carrying out arboricultural work within the proximity off power lines;
- Recognise the importance of carrying out separate electrical and site specific risk assessments with a robust emergency procedure;
- Identify safety zones and understand their inherent dangers;
- Understand the tree categorisation system;
- Be able to identify electricity network voltages, equipment and component parts;
- Be able to ensure their own and others safety on site when working within the proximity of overhead power lines;
- Gain an understanding of the use of safety documents to further improve site safety.
There are no pre-requisites for this course.
One day training with assessment on a separate day
One day course: Training £115 per person plus VAT
Assessment £135 per person
Most Network Distribution companies will also require attendance of their own induction course and first aid as well as NPTC UA1 before people are allowed to work on a utility site.